Co-Q10 has a multitude of benefits as it is a key compound that is stored in our mitochondria.
Taken internally, Co-Q10 is a compound that delivers energy to the cells in your body – which is why it is often talked about as an ‘energy spark plug’ to ‘start’ your body.
It is also considered a good supplement for heart health.
PLUS it has the advantage of being able to be taken by people already using statins. In fact, people often take Co-Q10 to offset a decline in natural levels which occurs with the use of statin (cholesterol-lowering) medication.
Co-Q10 is also an antioxidant and plays a crucial role in protecting cells from oxidative damage.
Foods containing Co-Q10 naturally are:
- Organ meats: Heart, liver and kidney.
- Some muscle meats: Pork, beef and chicken.
- Fatty fish: Trout, herring, mackerel and sardine.
- Vegetables: Spinach, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Fruit: Oranges and strawberries.
- Legumes: Soybeans, lentils and peanuts.